Request For Proposals
Re: Knowledge Exchange Hub Set up and Proposal Writing
The SAGE for YOUTH Society works primarily with youth-service providers. SAGE for YOUTH believes in helping youth through empowering youth-service providers such as social workers, teachers, counsellors, court workers, therapists, community leaders, guidance counsellors, community health representatives, health directors, education directors, youth leaders, suicide prevention and intervention workers, program administrators, etc.
· We believe the best persons to work with youth are the persons in their respective communities and organizations.
· We believe much knowledge exists amongst frontline workers in many organizations and communities across the country.
· We believe different cultural perspectives on youth at risk must be honored and validated.
· We believe listening to the youth will help us make informed decisions on programming.
· We believe the development of a network for frontline workers from diverse cultural, ethnic, geographic, linguistic, professional backgrounds will create a system based on grassroots knowledge and will have infinite possibilities.
The SAGE for Youth Society is requesting proposals from persons interested in setting up a knowledge exchange hub and writing proposals for funding.
Scope of Work
Reporting to the SAGE Board of Directors, the scope of work includes the following activities:
1. Set up knowledge exchange hub on SAGE for Youth Website/blog
2. Identify data base needs
3. Create membership system and opportunity for dialogue
4. Meet goals of Knowledge Exchange Hub – sharing of information, knowledge, and research
5. Utilize all modes of knowledge exchange such as podcasts, dialogue, access to approved information, research, and knowledge
6. Technology set up to provide opportunity for lateral exchange of information amongst membership
7. Report regularly to Board of Directors as per schedule
8. Take direction from Board of Directors on requirements
9. Offer technical advice to Board of Directors
- Post-secondary degree/ diploma
- Excellent technical writing skills for proposal writing
- Attention to detail and well-organized
- Ability to work independently and take direction from a Board of Directors
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent technological skills required to set up Knowledge Exchange Hub
Applicants please provide:
1. Brief Proposal – Introduction, Understanding the Requirements, Experience/Interest, Outline of Work Plan, Fees
3. 3 names of references.
Please send application to:
Nancy MacLeod, President
SAGE for Youth Society
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Deadline: 4 pm (AST) June 19, 2015
Questions or Clarification may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org up to 4 pm (AST) June 15, 2015.
Applications will be reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted for an interview. Only selected applicants will be contacted. The successful candidate will be notified on or before June 25, 2015.
Must not exceed $5000
15% of total amount for successful proposals will be paid to proposal writer upon receipt of funds.
July 1, 2015 – September 1, 2015
With possibility of Extension
1. Quality of Application Documents
2. Technical Experience and skills
3. Interview Results – Technical expertise, communication skills, etc.